I will be teaching three x 1-day patination workshops at Hampstead School of Art again on the following dates:
Sunday 14 April
Saturday 27 July
Saturday 24 August
or call HSoA on 020 7794 1439 to book for the other two dates.
Patination is the general term used to describe the surface decoration of finished sculpture. This workshop explores some of the methods of surface decoration of fired ceramic sculpture. Students will learn about the chemicals used and have a chance to experiment on a set of test tiles which they can keep as well as being able to patintate a finished sculpture of their own.
- Each student should bring:
- 4 clean glass jars with screw-top lids
- Selection of old/used brushes
- Tubes of student quality oil paint (selection of your choice of colours)
- A notebook
- A finished fired clay sculpture to patinate